Saturday, September 7, 2013

Yours Truly Entered the "Zipvan Loves Design" Video Contest--No, I Didn't Win But...


...did I ever have fun trying--and I learned some new skills to boot!  IKEA and Zipvan created this video contest to win a room full of IKEA products, as much as would fit into a Zipvan. The challenge was to:

  • Create a 15-second video answering this question:  How would you redesign a room with a Zipvan full of products from the IKEA® store?
               * Creativity / Passion: How creatively did you share your ideas and 
                     show why you deserve to win?
               * Uniqueness: What makes your design different from others?
               * Realistic: Is the design something that actually can be done 
                     with a Zipvan full of IKEA products?
               * Inspiration: Does the video inspire others to design their own space?

Let's just say I have a new-found appreciation for film-making and I'll be forever grateful for the support and encouragement of my friends.  (See my LinkedIn profile http://www.linkedin.com/in/evelynmoorejones to meet my team.)  From writing the script, to staging, to learning the movie-making software, and finally editing and producing the video itself--whew!  A great deal of work goes into the process, even if the result is only a 15 second video.

So here's my video:



  
Okay, so who won?  Take a look.


Congratulations to Kelli Shives!

No comments:

Post a Comment